Tuesday 8 March 2011

The One's That Were Always There

Some things in life are difficult.  There are choices that need to be made – every single day.  How do you know that what you’re doing is the right thing?  How do you know which choice is the right one?  If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to test the waters as much as possible before you make a decision.  And sometimes the choices you make are going to hurt another person.  Even though your intentions are not bad, and you only want what’s best for both parties, in the end, there needs to be a point where you say to yourself “this is my life, and I need to do what’s best for my journey”.  And even if that means that the other person has to go through some hurt, you still make that decision.  Maybe that lesson was meant for you – maybe it was meant for them.  But, if you always act out of love, you just have to believe that you’ve done the right thing… And hope that the other person understands your decision.  I guess there’s no way of telling how things will turn out.  That’s half the mystery of life… No matter how prepared you are for anything, time and chance happen to us all.  If things always happened the way we expect them to, then how much would we grow?  How would we learn anything?  We have to go through things to experience life.  We have to make wrong decisions to learn lessons.  We have to hurt, we have to heal.  If we don’t experience the bad, how will we appreciate the good? 

I am truly grateful for all the people that have crossed my path.  I know that I have definitely hurt a lot of my closest loved ones, and I pray that they understand and forgive.  I have no doubt that every single person was placed on my path for a reason.  I will never forget all those that stood by my side through thick and thin, and I will always look up to the people that showed me kindness and mercy when I did not deserve it.  I know that some decisions that I made were incorrect and that they hurt a lot of people, but I learnt a lot from them, and I have grown to the person that I am today because of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment