Monday 11 April 2011

In the end it's all ok - if it's not ok, it's not the end!

When I was in High School, and going through a tough time, one of my friends told me: “In the end it’s all ok, if it’s not ok, it’s not the end”.  I’ve used this saying many times since then.  It’s always rung true.  In the end it’s all ok.  If it’s not ok, then there’s still some things that you need to go through, some lessons that you need to learn, something that will probably help you to grow, to be stronger… but once you’re through this, it will be ok.  It was always a positive thing for me – always something to hold on to…  Yes, I might not be ok right now, but if I just get through this, I will be ok…

But then, the other day, someone said:  “Can you say this to a mother who has just lost her son to an overdose from heroin?”.  Well, I think that you can.  Even though this mother never wanted this to happen, it’s something that she has to go through.  It’s done. No one has the answers for these mothers, no one can say why these things happen to certain people….  In the same way a mother loses a son in a car or motorbike accident… it’s not ok right now, in fact, it’s everything BUT ok, but in the end, once time has healed, once you’re ready, it will be.  This is faith.  This is connection with your Source – that no matter what happens here on this earth, in the end it will all be ok.  It will probably be better than just ok.

I suppose it’s all relative.  I choose to see the positive in things.  I choose to learn lessons, and to grow, no matter what I’m put through here on earth.  Because, in the end, it’s moulding me, and shaping me, and teaching me about what’s really important.

You are in control of your life.  You are responsible for your future.  You choose your own consequences.  But sometimes things happen – life happens – and unexpected tragedies are a part of life.  For the son who died of an overdose, that was a consequence, but for the mother who had to endure losing a son to addiction, that was a tragedy.  Are there answers for life’s tragedies?  Can you blame them on things or people?  The answer is certainly “no”.  But they are a part of life.  And for me, if there’s anything that might help console someone that has had a tragedy in their life, it will be that “this too shall pass”, or, in my case, “in the end it’s all ok – if it’s not ok, it’s not the end”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment